Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Benjamin Linus Must Die

As a project to keep me busy, I've decided that any blog post/news item must have an accompanying illustration - even those that have nothing to do with ongoing projects. As such, here's the first in the series, entitled Benjamin Linus Must Die.

Those that follow the program Lost know what I'm talking about. Seriously, next time a character has a gun on Ben, don't let him talk, just shoot him. It's as though he has a super power to talk his way out of anything. He reminds me of a character Alan Moore created for the WildC.A.T.S. comic book named Tao. Tao's power was basically that he was smart. Really, really smart. My favourite scene from the Alan Moore run on WildC.A.T.S depicted Tao trapping another character, Fuji, in a mental loop just by engaging him in conversation. When the rest of the 'C.A.T.S found him, he was just a mess, slumped over and repeating both sides of the conversation he was having with Tao. It was brilliant. I don't think Ben could accomplish the same thing, but I wouldn't put it past him, either. The number of times he's provoked a blood thirst in someone only to talk them out of doing him in has to be in the double digits.

Next time, please, shoot first, ask questions later.

3 comments:

  1. I gave up watching Lost half-way through the first season, and from what I hear, even from the most ardent fans, is that I did the right thing. I have never heard of a television series that people hate yet love as much as Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost has been pretty good this season. It's been much different, and quite interesting. I also think that Lost hasn't jumped the rails as badly as Heroes, to which I'm sadly still watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if I had balls, heroes would totally be sucking them right now. But like any guy, I'd rather get my balls sucked then not, so I keep watching. Gosh, I hope you haven't invited my mum to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete