Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is this too offensive for Cafe Press?

I'll soon find out. I've finally decided it's time to start up an online store. I've looked at some of the sites out there that offer on-demand products, and I've decided to give Cafe Press a try. They've got some good points, but under their list of prohibited content is "Inappropriate content or nudity that is not artistic in nature" and "Material that is generally offensive or in bad taste, as determined by CafePress.com." I'd consider the above artistic in nature, obviously, but does Cafe Press? We'll soon see. When you sign up for the Premium Store, you have a 15 day free trial before you need to start paying. I'm using this as a window to see if my work is considered artistic in nature, or if that tag only covers beautifully lit black and white photos of attractive nudes. I'll keep you posted on how this turns out.

If you want to check out the store, it still in its in infancy (closer to a zygote than anything else) but you can find it at http://www.cafepress.com/gavindelint. If all goes well and they don't shut me down for depicting a ding-a-ling, I'll be adding more items. If they do; see you at zazzle.com.

2 comments:

  1. Is that a ding-a-ling? I mistook it for a very sad ball sack. Or is there a difference, I'm no doctor or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a ding-a-ling, all right. The sad ball sack was too depressed to show up.

    ReplyDelete