Friday, October 23, 2009

31 Ghosts #23

Since my buddy Owen requested it on Facebook, here's the step-by-step for how I did tonight's ghost. For those uninterested, just skip my blah-blahing and scroll down a bit.
Step 1 - I usually pencil a sketch and scan it in. I resize the image to fit on a 1200 x 1200 canvas at 300dpi.

Step 2 - With a 9 pt brush, I do the initial inking.

Step 3 - I up the size of the brush to 15 pt, and thicken up the outline. This is usually when I decide where the light source will be, and I vary the line width to help indicate that. I got rid of the pencils,too.

Step 4 - I reduce the pen to 5 pt to add detail.

Step 5 - I colour in the whole ghost with the primer coat.

Step 6 - I thicken up the ghost with shadows.

Step 7 - I add a background that should would with the ghost. I then export to 600x600 dpi for web viewing and voila! Meet Millie.

No comments:

Post a Comment